1.) Split squats 3x16 (8 each leg)
- lower yourself into lunge position, hips lower towards the floor. Chest up and knee behind toe.
- jump yourself up into the next lunge position, staying in one place on the floor. Both feet should hit the floor at the same time.
- MODIFICATION: you can do normal lunges as a modification, or instead of jumping into the next split squat position, you can just push off your front leg back into the standing position, then step into the next split squat (lunge). Remain in the same area of the floor. (This picture shows the 3 moving parts of this exercise, does NOT mean that you should be jumping forward in this exercise. Stay in the same area!)
2.) Seated band rows 3x10
- sitting with your legs straight out in front of you - wrap the band around the arches of your feet. Pull the band in towards you with your palms facing each other. Elbows need to go straight back, shoulders stay down away from the ears.
3.) Bicep curl with shoulder press 3x10 each arm
- With a weight in each hand, curl one weight up to your shoulder, then press the weight up overhead.
- Switch arms, (right curl and press, then left curl and press)
- Keep your wrist neutral at the bottom - meaning your palm is facing your leg.
4.) Runners (or bicycles as modification) 3 sets of 15 second intervals
- with your palms on the floor and feet behind you, pretend to run in place.
- If you can't do the runners, I suggest you try the Bicycle abs. Laying flat on the floor, lift one knee up to your chest to meet the opposite elbow. Extend the knee back out, then do the same with the opposite. If you can't hold your legs up in the extended position (back issues, etc) then let them rest on the floor instead, and just focus on pulling your knee to opposite elbow - rest legs on floor - then repeat on other side!
I encourage you to do these exercises 2-3 times this week with a day off in between. It's important to do cardio exercises everyday, and abs can be done every day as well (fast-recooperating muscle). Call up a friend and take a walk - go for a bike ride - or try something new like join a fitness class or watch you tube videos of kick boxing! (thanks Becky!)