Welcome!

We're glad you stopped by our MAC Fit blog today. Look around- you'll find fitness tips, recipes, encouragement, spiritual help, and so much more!


May 13, 2012

Pineapple Tip

Here's a tip you may be able to use.  I love to eat fresh pineapple.  But because there's just the two of us, we have trouble getting it all eaten before it goes bad.  So after I cut it all up into spears or chunks, I bag it into a big gallon size freezer bag and lay it out flat in the freezer.  That way I can break it apart later and use a little or alot depending on what my need is.  It tastes GREAT out of the freezer! Sometimes I take out just a few chunks and cut them up as a topping for Hawaiian pizzas, and sometimes I grab a cupful or so for a fresh fruit salad.  So easy!
~Becky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so great that fruit freezes so well - veggies too! Sometimes you just want to stock up when things go on sale, so freezing is the way to go.

Joyce Mossman said...

I like to freeze bananas when they are getting brown. Just cut up and put on a plate in the freezer. When they are frozen you can bag them and use for snacks or smoothies. Joyce