resources and Everyday Health.
1. Water carries nutrients and oxygen to our bodies' cells.
2. Water helps dissolve nutrients and minerals to make them usable and easier to absorb.
3. Water lightens the load for the liver and kidneys and helps flush out waste products.
4. And, along those lines, water helps prevent constipation.
5. Water protects body organs and tissues.
6. Water lubricates our joints. And after Kacey's great workouts, we want to keep those joints moving freely, right?
7. Water moistens tissues in our bodies like those in the mouth, nose and eyes.
8. Water helps regulate body temperature. Huh, kind of like a car's radiator!
9. Water helps your body with digestion and metabolization. I think I just made up that word. But you know what I mean.
Great info, right? That's just a short list of how staying hydrated with plain ol' H2O can benefit your health. A simple internet search with bring up many more websites with related info. So break out those water bottles! Keep one in the car. My husband likes to freeze them - they serve double duty as an ice pack in his lunch and his lunch time beverage.