PAIR 1 : 3 sets of 10 repetitions
1.) Frog Jumps (or Plie squat)
- Squat down with your legs wide and toes pointed slightly out, keeping your chest nice and high!
- If you are able, you will explode out of the squat into a jump with your hands up!
- If you are not there yet - injury wise, etc - just stand up to your base position, and do a calf raise with your hands in the air, focusing on balance as you lift your heels off the ground.
2.) Standing Crunch with weights
- With a weight in each hand, lift the weights up above your head, palms facing each other.
- Crunch your knee up to your chest, bring the weights down with an elbow on each side of the knee.
- Press the weights back up and alternate the knee crunch to the other leg!
3.) ABS: PLANKS
- With your body straight as a board, rest on your forearms on the ground with your shoulders directly below your shoulder joint.
- Pull your belly of the ground so that your weight is only held up by your forearms and your toes! STRAIGHT body is necessary, don't let the back sag and don't let the butt become a high peak!
- Hold this position while breathing slowly for 20 seconds.
PAIR 2 : 3 sets of 10 repetitions
1.) Wide Grip Modified Pushup
- Get into modified pushup position, with your hands out a little wider than shoulder width, keep your body straight from knees to neck!
- Lower yourself towards the floor - KEEPING YOUR HEAD UP looking about 10-20 feet in front of you. This will use more of the lower chest muscles than a pushup where you look down and let your head drop.
2.) Side squats with a Bicep Curl
- With your weights at your sides, take a step to the side and squat down (body weight should be into the heels, knees behind the toes).
- As you squat, curl the weights up towards the inside of the body. They should end up with your elbows bent and the weights near your chest.
- Stand back up and squat towards the other side!
3.) ABS: Scissor Ski's
- Laying flat on your back - with your hands tucked up underneath your bottom so to push your lower back closer to the floor - extend your legs out.
- You will take 2 mini scissors (12 inch movements) up and down, then go directly to 2 ski movements (side to side cross's). Your leg movements should sound like this: Scissor - scissor - ski - ski (repeat).
- You will do this 5 times, 10 if you are feeling motivated!